Office of the Spokesperson
The below is attributable to Spokesperson Ned Price:
Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken spoke today with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg about ongoing efforts to fortify NATO’s Eastern Flank and preparations for the March 24 Extraordinary NATO Summit. The Secretary reaffirmed the need for a strong and united Transatlantic response to the Russian government’s war against Ukraine and welcomed ongoing work to strengthen NATO’s deterrence and defense. Secretary Blinken reiterated the United States’ steadfast commitment to Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity in the face of President Putin’s brutal war of choice. They also discussed the significant humanitarian and security assistance NATO Allies are providing bilaterally to Ukraine.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken And Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio Before Their Meeting
December 11, 2021Antony J. Blinken, [Read More…]
- On Intra Afghan Negotiations and the Road to Peace
March 10, 2020Morgan Ortagus, [Read More…]
- Condemning the Assassination of Abdul Wase Ghafari
November 6, 2020Michael R. Pompeo, [Read More…]
- Canadian Man Charged with Production of Child Pornography and Extortion in Relation to Five Minor Victims
January 26, 2022A federal grand jury in Maryland returned an indictment in December 2019, which was unsealed today, charging a Canadian man with production of child pornography and extortion.
- Designation of Jhon Fredy Zapata Garzon Under the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act
December 1, 2020Michael R. Pompeo, [Read More…]
- The United States and Kuwait Launch Fourth Strategic Dialogue
November 9, 2020
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Clean Air Act Violation
March 11, 2022The Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Pennsylvania announced that Ty Allen Barnett, of Dover, Pennsylvania, entered a plea of guilty to the improper handling and removing of regulated asbestos containing material as required by federal law.
- Former Kentucky Jail Official Charged with Civil Rights Offense, Writing a False Report and Making False Statements to Investigators
March 3, 2022Gregory Evans, 50, was indicted today by a federal grand jury in Lexington, Kentucky, for using unlawful force against a pretrial detainee while Evans was a captain at the Madison County Detention Center.
- Secretary Blinken’s Call with Algerian Foreign Minister Boukadoum
April 29, 2021
- U.S. Statement on the Hack of the ICRC
February 2, 2022Ned Price, Department [Read More…]
- Florida Man Sentenced After Fraudulently Obtaining $3.9 Million in PPP Loans
May 12, 2021A Florida man was sentenced today to more than six years in prison for fraudulently obtaining approximately $3.9 million in Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans and using those funds, in part, to purchase a $318,000 Lamborghini luxury car for himself.
- Senate Gift Shop Revolving Fund: Procedures Related to FY 2020 Receipts and Disbursements
In U.S GAO NewsOctober 19, 2021What GAO Found GAO performed agreed-upon procedures solely to assist the Secretary of the Senate in ascertaining whether the Senate Gift Shop Revolving Fund’s (Fund) fiscal year 2020 receipts and disbursements were supported by information from the Senate Gift Shop and the Senate Disbursing Office. The procedures that GAO agreed to perform were related to the Senate Gift Shop’s processes over (1) daily receipts, weekly deposits, and monthly reconciliations for the Fund’s receipts and (2) purchasing, invoice payment, and monthly reconciliations for the Fund’s disbursements. The Secretary of the Senate is responsible for the sufficiency of these agreed-upon procedures to meet its objectives, and GAO makes no representation in that respect. The report provides the details on the agreed-upon procedures and the results of performing each of the procedures. The Secretary of the Senate in an email response stated that she had no comments on the draft report. Why GAO Did This Study The Chairwoman and Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Rules and Administration requested that GAO perform procedures on the Fund’s fiscal year 2020 receipts and disbursements. The Senate Gift Shop is under the authority of the Secretary of the Senate and is responsible for offering members, staff, and the general public the opportunity to purchase Senate memorabilia and gift items. All sales receipts are deposited into the Fund and then used to purchase inventory items for resale and supplies and to pay for shipping and other related service expenses. For more information, contact M. Hannah Padilla at (202) 512-5683 or email@example.com.
- NASA’s TESS, Spitzer Missions Discover a World Orbiting a Unique Young Star
September 26, 2020The newly discovered [Read More…]
- Justice Department Resolves Civil Rights Review of South Dakota Unified Judicial System
October 5, 2021The Justice Department announced it resolved a civil rights review of the South Dakota Unified Judicial System (UJS) that will improve access to state courts for people with limited English proficiency (LEP).
- Brooklyn Federal Jury Convicts U.S. Citizen of Attempting to Provide Material Support to ISIS
August 23, 2021Earlier today, a federal jury in Brooklyn convicted Bernard Raymond Augustine, a U.S. citizen and California resident, of attempting to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (“ISIS” or “the Islamic State”). The verdict followed a one-week trial before U.S. District Judge Sterling Johnson Jr. When sentenced, Augustine faces up to 20 years in prison.
- Secretary of State’s Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE)
December 6, 2021
- Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with UK Prime Minister Johnson
May 6, 2021
- Get to Know Preclearance
September 30, 2020Information for [Read More…]
- Final four sentenced in $189M Health Care Fraud Scam
In Justice NewsMay 2, 2021Four executives of [Read More…]
- Jamaica Travel Advisory
September 26, 2020Reconsider travel [Read More…]